ICBR 2017, September 20 – 22, 20
Media release: May 30, 2017
22nd International Congress for Battery Recycling ICBR 2017
The next top quality congress in battery recycling ICBR 2017 organized by ICM AG will be held from September 20 – 22, 2017 in the Sheraton Lisboa Hotel & Spa in beautiful Lisbon, Portugal.
The ICBR is the international platform for discussion of the latest developments and the challenges of battery recycling, bringing together many decision makers in the battery recycling chain such as battery producers, recyclers, collection schemes, policy-makers, transport companies and many more.
Over 200 international experts will discuss and present the following topics:
- Safety aspects with lithium primary and lithium rechargeable batteries
- Battery technologies development
- Urban mobility: The gate to e-mobility?
- Update of the review of the Batteries Directive 2006/66/EC
- Energy storage: Opportunities for a second use of batteries?
- Energy storage and e-mobility: Complementary technologies?
- Economic aspects of collection or take back schemes
- New trends in battery recycling technologies: Primary and rechargeable
- Eco-design: A critical approach to batteries removability?
- International developments in batteries collection and recycling
- Safety aspects in the end of life value chain
An exhibition area is integrated into the congress facility, where vendors meet their clients. A cocktail reception and networking dinner at the romantic Palácio do Conde D’Óbidos create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and clients.
On Friday, September 22, 2017 the congress is organizing a workshop about “Why the Carriage of Waste Batteries Can Be Dangerous!” and a plant tour to the leading recycling company Ambigroup Reciclagem SA.
Furthermore, the participants will have the opportunity to test drive the BMW i3 and i8 during the congress.
For more information and graphic material please contact:
Ms Julia Moser
5708 Birrwil, Switzerland
Phone: +41 62 785 10 00
Fax: +41 62 785 10 05
ICM AG is an international leader in the organisation of conferences specialising in the fields of recycling cars, electronics and batteries. These waste streams have been among the world's fastest growing commodity markets for years.
ICM is a Swiss company which has organised conferences in Europe, North America and Asia since the year 2000. The company was founded by Jeanette Duttlinger. Her team consists of 15 employees who speak German, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Chinese.
17, Lisbon, Portugal